Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From MAD to madness
The president promised he’d unilaterally disarm the US, he meant it

On October 22, 2007, then candidate Barack Obama in a video speech to the Caucus for Priorities promised to unilaterally disarm the United States of its nuclear arsenal and much more…

“I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending. I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems. I will institute an independent defense priorities board to ensure that the Quadrennial Review is not used to justify unnecessary defense spending.

I will set a goal for a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop nuclear weapons; I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material; and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert, and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenal.”

Now, President Obama has begun to make good on his promise. Under the president’s new policy, any country that attacks the United States with chemical or biological weapons would be subject to a swift Shepardizing of sorts by administration lawyers that will determine if the attacking country has been in compliance with the Non Proliferation Treaty and gotten a stamp of approval from the International Atomic Energy Agency before a US response.

Taking the most effective deterrent off the proverbial shelf will certainly embolden US antagonizers, in fact, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has leap in front when he said on Iranian national television, "Mr. Obama, you are a newcomer (to politics). Wait until your sweat dries and get some experience. 


-- Killswitch Politick


No comments:

Post a Comment